Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bright, Handmade, Fun


Summer time is upon us...well not technically, but I'd say the 99 degree high today is good enough reason to call it summer.   I have a love/hate relationship with summer time...love pool days, bbqs, and vacations...hate the excruciating heat!  


Since It's been hot here for weeks, I've been pulling out all my old summer dresses and swimsuits and shopping for new ones in preparation.  I also organized my closets and craft room.  While looking through my fabrics, I realized I didn't have any bright fun fabrics to go with all fun summer clothes available right now.  Not acceptable.  I was thrilled to pick up a few new prints while running errands earlier this week and put together these fabric flowers, just in time for summer!


While making them, I envisioned them on headbands or clips for the hair, or on a purse, clutch or beach bag.  I am excited to pick up some more bold prints to see how they turn out!


What would you use these flowers for?

No comments:

Post a Comment