Thursday, January 19, 2012

Revamping with Stained Sharpies

Stained by Sharpie Fabric Markers
One of my favorite gifts from my husband this year for Christmas was the set of Stained by Sharpie fabric markers.  I've seen them used on DIY projects across the web and was thrilled to get my own set!  Thanks, babe!  


So I finally have these bad boys in my possession and my creativity was a bit at a stand still.  I'll blame it on all the holiday decorating, crafting, and cooking.  Sadly, my new friends sat unused for a few weeks before I felt inspired to break them out.
Goodwill Clutch Purse - Before




The inspiration came to me while browsing for spoons at a local Goodwill (for another craft).  I struck out on the spoons but scored with this little canvas clutch for a steal at .49!  It is super fun and with it's cream and plum geometric print and cute hinged closure that I pulled out my wallet and gladly handed over my change!  Yay for not going home empty handed!


The only flaw with this little guy was that some of the cream areas had tiny little stains that were just slightly noticeable.  I couldn't deal with that, especially with a solution! 



Goodwill Clutch Purse- After
What a perfect starter project for my new Stained Sharpies!  I love plum and red paired together so I got started coloring the areas with the discoloration and stains.  Once all of those areas were taken care of, I just chose other random areas until I got my desired look.  I love the way it turned out.  Now I have a one-of-a-kind accessory that I had a hand in "designing."  My new clutch is being used as a purse makeup bag and I love it even more every time I see it.  When you smile each time you look at something, you know you truly love it.  


I'm back to looking for new ideas on how to use my fabric Sharpies...if you have any you think I should try, send them my way!



No comments:

Post a Comment