Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Vintage Barclay Bracelet

On a recent thrifting trip with a dear friend, I acquired this lovely vintage bracelet.  I must admit, this bracelet is not actually a bracelet, it's a very short choker necklace that is the perfect length to double, creating a fun chunky bracelet.  I've been coveting a piece like this to add to my collection for several months and was thrilled to be able to snatch it up for a just a few bucks!  I love the look of it paired with my over-sized Michael Kors watch or stacked with other styles of bracelets!

As soon as I got it home, I had to do some research on the marking.  Thanks to illusionjewels.com and vintagecostumejewels.com, I was able to read about the maker, Barclay, a popular "post war retro" costume jeweler from Providence, RI that manufactured from 1946 to approximately 1957.  Being that I love vintage, I also love history...and this bracelet definitely has a history!



You can find so many amazing things in thrift stores!  By purchasing items in your local thrift stores, you are not only "recycling," the best part is, most thrift stores and resale shops benefit the community!  Look at you-- You're Going Green and you're a Fashionable Philanthropist! Is there anything better than that? 



1 comment:

  1. This is great. I was looking for information on a Barclay lizard-skin and gold-tone metal bracelet but could only find info about McClealland-Barclay which is not the same maker.

    ReplyDelete